Image

Image

03 November 2014

ALWAYS AUDREY



This is Audrey Hepburn. She was a renowned actress, a UNICEF Ambassador, a style icon, and a beloved mother. She is also regarded to be one the most beautiful woman of all time. She also happens to be my favourite actress and my personal style icon. For the latter part of my adolescence, I looked to her for inspiration because I not only did not want to succumb to the fashion that was in style at the time, but I also wanted to gain my own style. One that was not contingent on the fads, trends, and current style trending on the runway, magazines, or on twitter. There was something original about her and while countless girls and women have copied her style, I attempted to merely gain inspiration from her ubiquitous use of clean lines, minimalistic design, yet bold colour. Despite the quickly changing fashion scene, Audrey remained herself, stable in her style and unwavering. This, among infinite others, is the reason why Audrey Hepburn will forever be someone that I admire. 

This only made sense that I would attempt to dress like her for Halloween (...for the third time...). For me (and those that know me), it comes to no surprise that I wanted to be Audrey for Halloween. But not in a conceited, oh-look-at-me-I'm-Audrey-for-Halloween-how-original type of way. While I did want to keep the essence of her look, I did want to add my own little mix in the costume. I should disclaim at this point that part of the reason why I dressed like her was because I admire her style and desire to be as stylish as she was (hopefully). That much is obvious. The other reason is because I wanted to dress up for Halloween, attempting to keep some North American traditions alive while living across the pond. I wasn't sure if Halloween was popular in Romania (aside from the clubbing scene), but regardless if it was or not, I still wanted to do it. Fortunately for me, all the key pieces of the costume were already present in my closet. The above picture is Audrey in her film, Funny Face. All black pieces, with white socks, and a voluminous ponytail. 





So while my costume is wholly unoriginal (and my reenactment of the first photo is not that great), it was still a fun thing for me to do. Hopefully you all, my lovely readers, had a wonderful Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment