Image

Image

30 October 2014

ARMY GREEN & FOREST GREEN

Usually, the rules of fashion are that similar colours, such as blue or green, usually do not go well together. Unless, however, there are different hues of the same colour. With this theory in mind, I decided to venture into some very unweathered seas: wearing the same colour in different hues. It's not exactly a very adventurous feat, per se, but it nonetheless something I wouldn't have otherwise attempted to do. I usually stick to complementary hues, with flattering patterns, or a pop of colour. This may be partly inspired by the fact that it is deliciously frigid outside. With the temperature regulating around 10 C, this Canadian is feeling so good. Crisp air, cold air, and arctic breeze...it's just how I like it. Although Romania may be entirely different climate wise than Canada, whenever it does come close, such as when it's snowing, or when it's dreadfully cold (or exactly how it should be), or constantly raining, it brings me back to Canada. 

On a side note, I was ecstatic to bring out my favourite hat: my deep purple wool hat. More than that, I like matching my hat with my lips. So with different hues of green and purple, I decided to see how this outfit would play out in the real world. (Meaning, not necessarily circulating on Tumblr or Pinterest.) Fashion isn't necessarily dictated by what the designers make this season, or what your favourite celebrity is wearing, or how people on blogs decided to dress. It's as simple as this: if you like what you're wearing and it makes you feel good and pretty, then wear it.



{ jacket: Joe Fresh; pants: Zara; boots: Ecco; scarf: Sfera; bag: Metter; hat: Target }

No comments:

Post a Comment